Saturday, March 11, 2017

Martin Shkreli coding and AutoHunt

I watched Martin Shkreli (the 15 dollar a pill) guy coding with React today. I myself am currently learning the back-end with Ruby/Rails but it was nice to randomly happen upon him coding. I'm not his biggest fan but I don't think he deserves 100 percent of the flak that he gets. Either way it seems that a lot of people are getting into software


I'm not getting through the coder camp as fast as I would like to but I'm a 'thorough' person I don't like the idea of skimming over something that I don't quite understand and hoping I remember it later. I'm currently working on a mock-up automobile finder. Perhaps its a little overly ambitious but I found that Edmunds has an API with dealer info and I figured I would perhaps be able pull info from it in some way shape or form so I could display car finding data in more of a format that's more like Zillow with houses displayed on a Google Map as opposed to the thumbnail or list formats that AutoTrader and CarGurus uses. You can think of AutoHunt as a "Zillow" for cars. 

Link to the repo: https://github.com/Wyzardsleeves/auto-hunt-raw

No comments:

Post a Comment